Office 365 Outlook Task Categories Disappearing

Anonymous
2019-11-13T23:02:27+00:00

Split from this thread.

I'm having the same issue over the last few days.  Randomly some task categories disappear, but not all. 

I checked my Outlook client and there are no COM Add-ins to disable.  

I do have my Office 365 Outlook tasks go to my iPhone, however I don't do anything with them there.  I did disable the "reminders" in the iPhone Exchange sync, just to take it out of the equation.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T17:57:37+00:00

    I think you have different issue, i suggest you open a new thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T17:43:12+00:00

    I have a similar problem that is a real pain

    I use the task list extensively ( take back your life - McGhee solutions methodology )

    1. If I have a task on day 1 that has a due date for day 1 and it sits on my task list into day 2 , it rightly shows up on day 2 as red ie as "overdue".
    2. If on day 2 I change the date ( day 1 date ) to "date none" it updates on my PC

    << NB if I change the date to a future date I do not have a problem  - only happens when using "date none" on an overdue task >>

    1. At 9-9.15 am the next day ( day 3 ) the task shows up on my task list with the original late date ( day 1)

    the only workaround I have found is :- instead of changing the date to " date none " instead I save it to a future date say 1st April 2020 leave the task for a day and then reopen it to change it to "date none"

    A similar issue happens if I change the category of an overdue task - the next day it shows both categories

    THE ISSUE HAS BEEN HAPPENING TO ANOTHER MEMBER OF MY TEAM THAT USES THE TASK LIST IN THE SAME WAY AND HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR 2-3 MONTHS

    THE PROBLEM HAPPENS ON THE ONLINE VERSION OF OUTLOOK TOO SO ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SERVER ????

    Does anyone know how to fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T19:44:31+00:00

    this is not even an option for me! most of my tasks are created thru Siri on apple watch while i am cycling or driving :-( :-( can more ppl confirm that this workaround solve the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-10T20:00:20+00:00

    Yes, turning of the sync on the iPhone will avoid deleting the categories in Outlook. But this is not the solution as you loose all efficiency to have them available in the office and mobile at the same time. So I hope that someone at Microsoft or Apple knows the root cause and will fix it soon...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-10T19:48:59+00:00

    Hi all, not sure if this will work for you, but turning off the sync between the Reminders on the iPhone and Tasks fixed the issue of the tasks losing their category every day at 9 am. It's a bummer because you lose the native integration with the phone, but there are other apps like To Do and Task, Task that sync properly. Best of luck all!

     

    I did the same, But that’s just a workaround, not a solution. I need reminders to sync so that I can use the other iPhone functions like shortcuts, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments