Outlook 2016 "open in new window" doesn't remember size

Anonymous
2018-09-15T16:41:11+00:00

Hi Everyone,

since yesterday my Outlook 2016 via Office 365 (64bit Version 1808 Build 10730.20102) does not remember the size of a new window opened -> e.g. Calendar or Tasks.

Everytime I resize it, close it and reopen it, it will open in a smaller Window on the wrong postion.

I have rebooted, started in Outlook in safe mode, disabled all Add-Ins and also reinstalled Office ... nothing helped.

This is really annoying and I need a fix for this.

Example:

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-28T12:51:05+00:00

    Hi All,

    any news here ? I have to add that all Office Applications now show this behavior and don't remember the size and position. It happens in Excel, Word and Powerpoint, too ... 

    Please escalate this as it used to work fine. Someone must have added a bug in the code and now we have to face those consequences.

    Thanks

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-02T10:23:35+00:00

    Hi Andy,

    Greetings. Sorry for delay my reply and I have report this issue to our related team and also I have done more test in other older version of Outlook, including the latest version, the answer is the Outlook client always behaves the same way.

    Given this situation, we think it is a normal behavior for Outlook and our related team also recommend you to share and submit this peoblem in Outlook for Windows UserVoice forum as it always like this, the feedback you submit in the forum is directly reviewed by our developers. Your feedback is the motivation of the improvement of our products. Sorry again for the inconvenience this issue has brought.

    Looking forward to your understanding. Wish you a nice day. 

    Regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T08:17:46+00:00

    HI Jennifer,

    I can confirm it has not been behaving always this way. It worked fine all the time.

    Can you check with an older Windows 10 version ? It might be an update to Windows 10 that caused this.

    I am not accepting this as a normal behavior, because the normal behavior was to keep the windows size and position memeorized.

    Please escalate this and do another tests with a Window 10 version from August 2018 or earlier.

    I will submit the User Voice feedback again.

    Thanks

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-07T02:28:17+00:00

    Hi Andy,

    Greetings and thank you for taking the time to reply. Sorry for delay my response since I was OOF in the past few days. Based on your suggestion, I have tested this feature in older version of Windows 10 Enterprise, verison 1709 (build 16299.309), which is released on 3/13/2018, and the Outlook client behaves the same way. 

    We sincerely appreciate your hard working and continued interest in Microsoft products during the whole process. If you have any other questions when using Office products in the future, we are always here to help you.

    Wish you a nice day.

    Best regards,

    Jennifer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-08T08:53:34+00:00

    Hi Jennifer,

    appreciate that you have put the effort in testing all this.

    I still can't figure out why it worked all my life with all Office releases and all Windows releases up until few weeks ago.

    Software can't just magically change ... 

    Last question: In your test with build 1709, did you use the lastest Office 365 build ? 

    Is it possible to test with 1709 and Office version released prior to August 2018 ?

    Something must have changed in the code ...

    Here is the request for the feature to be added: Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

    Can you forward with to the right teams ?

    Thanks a lot

    Regards

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments