Outlook 2016 "open in new window" doesn't remember size

Anonymous
2018-09-15T16:41:11+00:00

Hi Everyone,

since yesterday my Outlook 2016 via Office 365 (64bit Version 1808 Build 10730.20102) does not remember the size of a new window opened -> e.g. Calendar or Tasks.

Everytime I resize it, close it and reopen it, it will open in a smaller Window on the wrong postion.

I have rebooted, started in Outlook in safe mode, disabled all Add-Ins and also reinstalled Office ... nothing helped.

This is really annoying and I need a fix for this.

Example:

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-03T03:12:38+00:00

    My previous Outlook 2010 was no problem in many year same fixed position on windows desktop.  

    Now, I bought a new Office 2016 Home & business (for Window 7 Pro) on yesterday.   I realized that Outlook 2016 didn't fix same size & position save remember.   Unfortunately, I tried that was .

    I read these forum who user tried that it on since 14 months ago.   What are Microsoft team doing fix it now or ignore it?   Because everyone who paid these and ask repeat request it.

    Everyone been waiting for update.    PLEASE immediate fixing a re-position & size put save the "Outlook2016.ini" under the Windows directory.    That just small fixing simple !!

    Thanks

    Michael

    NOTE: No joke....I am real expert engineer & programmer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-19T16:24:19+00:00

    Hi Jennifer,

    Uservoice is for feature requests. This is what I got as a reply:

    Thank you for submitting feedback to Outlook Uservoice. This site is for submitting feature requests. If you are experiencing a problem with the product and need assistance, please post to the appropriate forum:

    (Primary) Outlook consumer issues, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook

    Outlook 2016 Insider builds, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office\_insider

    Outlook for IT and Exchange professionals, https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=outlook

    Outlook for Office 365 business subscription plans, https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/158

    Please forward this issue to the Outlook Developers as well.

    This needs to be fixed. It is not an issue tied to my computer or account.

    Thanks

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T21:01:40+00:00

    Exactly. It's not a solution I would like, because I generally don't want to use two windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T17:55:18+00:00

    Hello AM artino,

    Thanks for posting here.

    Please try to resetting the Scale and layout in display's settings, using the recommended:

    Looking forward to your update.

    Regards,

    Rudy

    Hi Rudy,

    does not change the issue apart from everything being extra large as 200% is recommended on my high res Thinkpad T470s. It will keep opening a small window all time time.

    Cheers Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-09-15T16:47:55+00:00

    My window opens even smaller than yours and the usual tricks to force a size aren't working here. I'll let the product team know. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments