Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
@Michaelslive - by the way - for my changes below, I did download 'Microsoft Launcher' and from it, downloaded the Outlook app to ensure 'contact sync'
I recently bought an Android Samsung Note 9 and was having similar contact sync issues. All my Contacts are in my personal Hotmail/Outlook and it wasn't being sync'd. I have my business contacts in my business Outlook, which is Office 365. Then I have my personal contacts in my personal Outlook - which is a Hotmail account.
After spending an hour I found the issue and why my personal contacts were not syncing to my Android phone Samsung note 9.
- Go to your Outlook app
- Select on the hamburger menu top left
- Select Settings wheel
- Select your personal email/outlook (((obviously if you don't see it, then you need to click on "Add Account" and add your personal/outlook email)))
- Enable sync contacts
Voila - your contacts from outlook will start to download immediately
If you want to set personal/outlook as the default, go to your people app, click on the hamburger menu, go to manage contacts and go to default storage location to make personal/outlook as your default contacts.