Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This has been a problem for quite some time that I've had on two different Android phones both with the Outlook app and Android 8 (Oreo). The problem is I get double notifications (the sound part of a notification) for EVERY email that arrives on my phone. On top of that, notifications are often delayed by minutes or hours and then all arrive in a stream of double notifications. People ask me what's wrong with my phone when it starts dinging for 20 seconds (it doesn't help that I have Mario themed notifications so it sounds like I'm on a real coin streak :)).
All other apps on my phone work properly - it's only the Outlook for Android app that causes this. This is a widespread issue with little or no real solutions to it out there that I can find. Everything seems to point to it being an Outlook issue, not an Android issue.
I've discovered that if I close the Outlook app on my phone (remove it from recent apps), then the double notifications stop. But as soon as I open the app again then they start again until I remove it from recent apps.
My phones that have had this problem are the Nexus 5X and now I have a OnePlus 5T. Both vastly different devices but the common thread is Android 8 and Outlook.
Please confirm that this widespread issue is in the queue for being fixed and provide a timeline for when I can expect my double notifications to stop. Fixing the delayed notifications would be great as well although I don't know for sure that's an Outlook problem.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks
I had the same problem on my Galaxy S7... was getting about ten partial notifications with each email. I went to settings-notifications, under notifications it was set to "focused inbox". When I selected notifications, the only options were "All mail" or "None". I selected "All mail" and it solved the problem.
I am still seeing this issue in version 2.2.181 (271) on S7 running Android 8.0.0.
This is, in fact, not fixed.
"dealing with a possible bug"; this is a known issue that affects a lot of people. It is clearly a bug and needs fixing.