Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This has been a problem for quite some time that I've had on two different Android phones both with the Outlook app and Android 8 (Oreo). The problem is I get double notifications (the sound part of a notification) for EVERY email that arrives on my phone. On top of that, notifications are often delayed by minutes or hours and then all arrive in a stream of double notifications. People ask me what's wrong with my phone when it starts dinging for 20 seconds (it doesn't help that I have Mario themed notifications so it sounds like I'm on a real coin streak :)).
All other apps on my phone work properly - it's only the Outlook for Android app that causes this. This is a widespread issue with little or no real solutions to it out there that I can find. Everything seems to point to it being an Outlook issue, not an Android issue.
I've discovered that if I close the Outlook app on my phone (remove it from recent apps), then the double notifications stop. But as soon as I open the app again then they start again until I remove it from recent apps.
My phones that have had this problem are the Nexus 5X and now I have a OnePlus 5T. Both vastly different devices but the common thread is Android 8 and Outlook.
Please confirm that this widespread issue is in the queue for being fixed and provide a timeline for when I can expect my double notifications to stop. Fixing the delayed notifications would be great as well although I don't know for sure that's an Outlook problem.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks
I have had the same issue as well as 3 other members of my family. It's been happening since we all got the Galaxy S8/S8+ last year on Android 7.0. (It was never an issue with older phones before LG G4 android 7.0, Asus zenfone, Motorola).
We've recently updated all 4 phones to Android 8.0 and the problem is worse - the sounds repeat for every email but at slower pace! I contacted Outlook support via the app and they suggested I reset the accounts and reinstall the apps. This is something I tried a number of times last year and suprise, surprise...it does not work this time either. Looks like from the postings here that we just have to wait for the updates. Like everyone else, the notifications work perfectly with Gmail and Inbox apps - so it definitely is the outlook app issue. Come on Microsoft, surely this is not beyond your capabilities...
Same here. Moved from S5 to S8+ and double notifications. Tried all the solutions suggested but none work. Reduced the notification to single beep which still sounds twice!!
Hi,
The best that we could suggest for now is to submit your issue using Outlook uservoice. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new concern. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.
For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.
Regards.
Hello,
The issue has been closed in the Outlook uservoice. I can't vote on it because it is "completed." The comment says to Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings) tap settings> Help & Feedback> Contact Support so that we can assist you in the best possible way.
Obviously that is not working, so we need a way to bring up the votes on this problem where Microsoft will take it seriously. What are other ways to voice this notification problem?
Doug