Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This has been a problem for quite some time that I've had on two different Android phones both with the Outlook app and Android 8 (Oreo). The problem is I get double notifications (the sound part of a notification) for EVERY email that arrives on my phone. On top of that, notifications are often delayed by minutes or hours and then all arrive in a stream of double notifications. People ask me what's wrong with my phone when it starts dinging for 20 seconds (it doesn't help that I have Mario themed notifications so it sounds like I'm on a real coin streak :)).
All other apps on my phone work properly - it's only the Outlook for Android app that causes this. This is a widespread issue with little or no real solutions to it out there that I can find. Everything seems to point to it being an Outlook issue, not an Android issue.
I've discovered that if I close the Outlook app on my phone (remove it from recent apps), then the double notifications stop. But as soon as I open the app again then they start again until I remove it from recent apps.
My phones that have had this problem are the Nexus 5X and now I have a OnePlus 5T. Both vastly different devices but the common thread is Android 8 and Outlook.
Please confirm that this widespread issue is in the queue for being fixed and provide a timeline for when I can expect my double notifications to stop. Fixing the delayed notifications would be great as well although I don't know for sure that's an Outlook problem.
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
seems fixed on the newest update last April 24 Version 2.2.143. please confirm. thanks
I ended up turning off notifications within the Outlook app because it was so annoying. Now it doesn't sync emails unless I open the app and pull down to manually sync. Strange behaviour. I think I will switch back to a different email app also.
I have the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S9 with Oreo 8.0. I have informed support of this issue some time ago, but 2 updates later and the problem persists. I've given up on Outlook until it's fixed. :(
(On some forum I read this is due to new 'notification channels' on Oreo and developers need to create notification channel and set NotificationManager.IMPORTANCE_LOW to it) This seems simple enough for Microsoft to correct, I would think...
Thank you for the update. We've sent a private message regarding about the Service request from escalations team.
Regards.
Hi Devin,
You can try disabling your device's notification sound by restarting phone and turn on notification again to check if it will resolve the issue. To turn off your notification sounds:
From the Notifications settings, select an app of choice (Outlook app).
Toggle Allow notifications on to get notifications from the app.
Toggle Show silently on to block previews in pop-ups, block sounds and stop vibrations.
Select On lock screen to decide whether you want to show content, hide content or stop notifications from showing up in the lock screen.
Toggle Set as priority on to allow notifications to sound and turn the screen on, even while Do Not Disturb is on.
We also suggest to uninstall and re-install the Outlook app same time as to update the operating system of your mobile device.
Kindly get back to us with the results.
Regards.