Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-12T01:43:30+00:00

    We desperately need this fixed microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-12T11:13:46+00:00

    Also having the same problem, very frustrating. Any update from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-13T19:50:05+00:00

    I opened a third ticket via the Outlook iOS app and FINALLY got a response that its a bug and has been reported to the dev team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-20T17:42:47+00:00

    I'm no developer but what greater impact would a CSS change from 150% to 100% have within an email application? Thinking the fix would be limited to the editor part of the app so regression should be fairly minimal and focused on that area

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-07-23T13:16:07+00:00

    I don't see it noted elsewhere, but in case it's helpful to anybody we have found this issue applies when sending from iOS Outlook app and reading in Windows Outlook (365 in our case). Sending or reading with other applications seems OK, and opening the received source code in Word exhibits this same issue.

    I haven't been able to do anything about this, inserting style formatting helps browser rendering but doesn't appear to affect Outlook/Word. Seems like it's rendering the first style it comes across and ignores anything after.

    Actually, if I add a line height to each tag this helps with the appended signature, but I don't have the ability to do this with message text.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments