Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T17:30:54+00:00

    I forwarded a test email back to myself from the Outlook iOS App and inspected it. The Outlook App is adding a new HTML wrapper around the entire message with a style block that has the ID="ms-outlook-ios-style". In addition to the font and line-spacing changes the style block adds padding space that is also showing up on emails. The added styles seem to be made for messages that aren't formatted, but they're wrecking the design of formatted emails.

    Is there a way to toggle off the "ms-outlook-ios-style" style block in email templates that have been designed in a particular way?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T17:40:56+00:00

    I have the latest test flight build and this issue seems to be resolved. Maybe they rethought the "feature" (cough cough... fixed the bug)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T17:50:19+00:00

    Is this built available for public yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T17:59:37+00:00

    I just downloaded the new version from Test Flight and I’m still getting 1.5 spaces between each line.  Maybe I should delete the old version from my iPad before downloading the Test Flight version?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T18:04:24+00:00

    Good news! I hope the fix also takes care of the added padding I noticed. Photos that are designed to go across the screen have 15px of added space on either side. This in the Outlook style block:

    .ms-outlook-ios-availability-container {

    max-width: 500px;

    margin: auto;

    padding: 12px 15px 15px 15px;

    border: 1px solid #C7E0F4;

    border-radius: 4px;

    }

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments