Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-19T09:40:58+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-21T10:53:03+00:00

    SAME PROBLEM!!!!

    I'm not using the app anymore because of this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-03-22T01:04:58+00:00

    Hi Louie,

    I think it's fair to say we'd appreciate a response to this if you are able.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-03-29T16:20:29+00:00

    We are seeing this a lot all of a sudden.

    Seems to be inserting this CSS into the email

    body {

    color: #333;

    line-height: 150%;

    font-family: "-apple-system", "HelveticaNeue";

    margin: 0;

    }

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-03-29T16:50:39+00:00

    Yep, mrennie...I pored through the message source and also saved the emails as .mht files and analyzed in a text editor, the css snipped you mentioned does indeed make a presence in the message source

    Initially I suspected this might be a hangover from the html signature I had added on my Outlook app (copied an existing email sig and pasted it) bit even when I removed the html sig and added a plaintext one or with no signature at all, the sent messages and replies turned out with 1.5 Lines spacing and HelveticaNeue fonts!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments