Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-12T09:13:31+00:00

    Hi,

    I would like to know more about your concern regarding the Outlook app on your phone. Kindly answer the questions below: 

    • What build and version of Outlook is installed on your phone?
    • What changes were made to your device before this issue occurred?

    It can also help me to easily isolate your concern if you could provide a screenshot the issue. Use this article published by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene as your guide on how to include a screenshot in your reply. Before posting the screenshot, make sure to delete any of your personal information.

    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-12T10:04:58+00:00

    Hi Darleen,

    I mentioned the Outlook Mobile app version in my original post - Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7. iPhone is running iOS 12.1

    • I didn't make any changes before this issue started occurring other than to update the Outlook Mobile app from AppStore on a regular basis
    • The paragraph line spacing issue & font change started becoming more noticeable after the most recent update from v2.106.0 to v3.1.0 on 10th December
    • Though the line spacing issue was there in older emails as well, not as regular (only some emails were being changed with line spacing as 1.5 whereas others remained unchanged)

    Attached are 2 screenshots depicting the issue in visual detail - how the sent emails look on my Outlook Mobile and how the received emails are displayed on Desktop Outlook clients for me and other recipients

    Screenshot 1:

    Screenshot 2:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-13T09:21:25+00:00

    I appreciate the additional information that you provided. Since you mentioned that not all of your emails are affected by the issue, I need to confirm if the affected emails were sent by/sent to a specific senders/receivers. Also, kindly confirm if you are using an Outlook account.

    For initial troubleshooting, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Outlook app in your phone and then check if the same issue persists. 

    Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-13T10:22:31+00:00

    Hi Darleen,

    Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook app on my iPhone but the issue persists. I am using a corporate email account which is part of the Office 365 subscription

    • This issue (line spacing 1.5 lines) is seen for *all* new emails that I compose and send, irrespective of recipients
    • I have sent new emails to my gmail.com account and to other company email accounts and all those mails have the text with line spacing as 1.5 lines
    • Issue is also seen for majority of my email replies
      • Replies sent to my colleagues using company email accounts
      • Replies sent to emails I receive from gmail.com & yahoo.com mail ids
    • For the few emails I am not seeing this issue, I am unable to find any major difference as to why only some of the reply emails are having the line spacing and others are normal
    • I *think* emails with inline images are behaving normally
      • Replies to emails having inline images in message body or signatures are normal (line spacing single)
      • Replies to emails having only text content (no inline images) are having the line spacing as 1.5 lines

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-14T02:32:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for your detailed response. Your concern about the font and line spacing issues in Outlook is under investigation and we are coordinating with our Internal support team to get this addressed as soon as possible. We’ll let you know once we reach a resolution. Please standby.

    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments