Outlook iOS App - Font & Line Spacing Issues

Anonymous
2018-12-11T11:06:52+00:00

I'm using the Microsoft Outlook for iOS v3.1.0 on iPhone 7

The issue I'm facing is that for all newly composed emails and replies, the message gets sent with a line spacing of 1.5 lines and Font as 'HelveticaNeue'

This messes up the previous inline messages as well, with the entire message thread getting updated with a Line Spacing of 1.5 lines!

How can I prevent Outlook from doing that and set the message to be sent with Calibri font and line spacing as 'Single' by default?

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T17:40:56+00:00

    I have the latest test flight build and this issue seems to be resolved. Maybe they rethought the "feature" (cough cough... fixed the bug)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T17:30:54+00:00

    I forwarded a test email back to myself from the Outlook iOS App and inspected it. The Outlook App is adding a new HTML wrapper around the entire message with a style block that has the ID="ms-outlook-ios-style". In addition to the font and line-spacing changes the style block adds padding space that is also showing up on emails. The added styles seem to be made for messages that aren't formatted, but they're wrecking the design of formatted emails.

    Is there a way to toggle off the "ms-outlook-ios-style" style block in email templates that have been designed in a particular way?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-07T18:11:13+00:00

    I’m having the same issue and reported it through the app support function.  First I was told it was a known issue and they are working on it.  Then, because I use it for work, they told me it was an Intune issue and that my IT department should open a ticket with them.  I did point out that both Outlook and Intune were Microsoft products and they should be able to report the issue to themselves.  Their response was that they don’t work together like that.  I’m using Spark until they resolve the issue twixt themselves.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-23T15:23:49+00:00

    Lucky you! I got the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" response from them back in January

    https://twitter.com/Chittaranjan/status/1080882426501509120

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-23T15:06:50+00:00

    I opened a case with Microsoft through the in-app chat. They said their engineers are loooking into the line spacing issues. That was on April 9th.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments