IMAP is not working correctly on Outlook Office365. Error: "User is authenticated but not connected"

Anonymous
2019-04-01T17:16:04+00:00

Hello

Since a couple of weeks I get the problem that IMAP services are not working correctly.

Problem:

I have a GMail client on an Android phone, and a Thunderbird client. Both using IMAP to reach my emails.

From time to time the IMAP service responds with the error "User is authenticated but not connected" and denies the synchronization of the emails, for around 15-30 minutes. In this time I can not access nor answer my emails from the clients.

I have tried from mobilenet and from fix wifi, but I get the same results. So it is independent from the connection.

I have found some hints that this is due to the "chatty client policy" of the cloud.

However this is not an excuse. I need my two clients for work, and I have a business package.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance.

r

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-20T09:35:26+00:00

    Can someone from MS please comment on the nature of this error?

    If this is indeed triggered by "badly" behaving clients, is there any documentation to explain what that behaviour is?

    There seems to be not much happening here in this thread....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T02:51:55+00:00

    Hello Artur,

    Regarding to this problem, I have consulted the senior members before. Due to privacy, I have replied you via private message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T06:33:06+00:00

    Hello Rick,

    If there is any new additional information.

    Would you please be so kind and share it also with me?

    Regards,

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T08:58:10+00:00

    I've been asked to open a ticket via office 365 center. I honestly am not sure why this suggestion is so private as to not post it publicly here. In any way, this is going in circles as I expect get the same amount of attention to this issue as you did and I a assume your ticket is still there lying dormant. 

    If this is the backend issue, then why not just be transparent, have some place for all the people that have this issue (and there are many, enough to google to see) to track the progress or even help with testing.

    Best,

    A

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-21T09:33:45+00:00

    Hello Galambos,

    I have replied you via private message. Please check your PM. 

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments