IMAP is not working correctly on Outlook Office365. Error: "User is authenticated but not connected"

Anonymous
2019-04-01T17:16:04+00:00

Hello

Since a couple of weeks I get the problem that IMAP services are not working correctly.

Problem:

I have a GMail client on an Android phone, and a Thunderbird client. Both using IMAP to reach my emails.

From time to time the IMAP service responds with the error "User is authenticated but not connected" and denies the synchronization of the emails, for around 15-30 minutes. In this time I can not access nor answer my emails from the clients.

I have tried from mobilenet and from fix wifi, but I get the same results. So it is independent from the connection.

I have found some hints that this is due to the "chatty client policy" of the cloud.

However this is not an excuse. I need my two clients for work, and I have a business package.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance.

r

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-14T13:25:27+00:00

    That would be great, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-14T12:06:34+00:00

    Hi Artur,

    The problem has still not been solved.

    I was told to create a service request via Office 365 admin center.

    This ticket is currently in the system, but did not received any answer.

    I will post back if there is any information.

    Regards,

    Robert

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-14T10:26:16+00:00

    I am experiencing the same problem described in this post. 

    Any chance for publicly available solution/hint/workaround for this?

    thanks,

    Artur

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-29T07:10:37+00:00

    Hello Galambos,

    Thanks for your patience. I have consulted the senior members. Due to privacy, I have replied you via private message.

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-25T09:39:33+00:00

    Hello Robert,

    I have contacted our related team but haven't got any update now. I will let you know the results once they reply to me. Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments