IMAP is not working correctly on Outlook Office365. Error: "User is authenticated but not connected"

Anonymous
2019-04-01T17:16:04+00:00

Hello

Since a couple of weeks I get the problem that IMAP services are not working correctly.

Problem:

I have a GMail client on an Android phone, and a Thunderbird client. Both using IMAP to reach my emails.

From time to time the IMAP service responds with the error "User is authenticated but not connected" and denies the synchronization of the emails, for around 15-30 minutes. In this time I can not access nor answer my emails from the clients.

I have tried from mobilenet and from fix wifi, but I get the same results. So it is independent from the connection.

I have found some hints that this is due to the "chatty client policy" of the cloud.

However this is not an excuse. I need my two clients for work, and I have a business package.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance.

r

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-20T09:35:26+00:00

    Can someone from MS please comment on the nature of this error?

    If this is indeed triggered by "badly" behaving clients, is there any documentation to explain what that behaviour is?

    There seems to be not much happening here in this thread....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-17T09:31:26+00:00

    Is this ticket available anywhere publicly to see the progress/participate in the discussion?

    I mean I would think this should be a pretty straight forward for an engineer to answer the question what is causing this particular message to occur?

    This is a bit frustrating.

    Thanks

    Artur

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-14T13:25:27+00:00

    That would be great, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-14T10:26:16+00:00

    I am experiencing the same problem described in this post. 

    Any chance for publicly available solution/hint/workaround for this?

    thanks,

    Artur

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-29T07:10:37+00:00

    Hello Galambos,

    Thanks for your patience. I have consulted the senior members. Due to privacy, I have replied you via private message.

    Regards,

    Rick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments