Can't edit the notes in Contacts in Outlook 365

Anonymous
2019-01-22T11:12:35+00:00

Hello,

I have the strange behaviour that I can't edit some of mine existing notes in my Contacts.

I have several existing contacts (View = Card but I dont think it matters, because in other view it also won't work) with some notes, sometimes I can edit the notes in a contact and there are other Contacts where I can't edit the notes. All the other fields I can edit.

Any idea what to do?

Kind regards,

Bianca

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-02-01T22:33:12+00:00

We posted a known issue article to track status, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/can-t-edit-the-notes-field-for-a-contact-fb8394ce-04ce-48b5-bae4-be46f77f10fe?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.  

The Outlook Team found the root cause of the issue.  It has to do with the way Outlook handles that field if the contact has the PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS property.  The only workaround for existing contacts today is to use MFCMAPIto remove the PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS property.

As part of the investigation the product team is trying to understand what could be setting that property.  Maybe it is an add-in or other solution.  If anyone sees the message header being added and knows what it setting it please let me know.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-02-09T16:59:37+00:00

    Thank you, can confirm this solved my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-06T15:38:46+00:00

    If you can update the contacts within the first two weeks of downloading Outlook Spy there is no charge.  The add-in developer asks if you use it beyond that to pay.  Depending on the number of contacts it should be pretty fast to make the changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-06T04:14:01+00:00

    $$80 bucks though, if it takes you more than two weeks. I should write a macro for everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-06T00:55:06+00:00

    Thanks a bunch. I used the OutlookSpy method and it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments