iCloud set up error in Outlook

Anonymous
2019-08-04T13:25:47+00:00

I've been successfully using iCloud in Outlook 2010 for a couple years.  Yesterday had an sync issue (conflict error which I had never seen before) and I was unable to add any calendar items to my iCals in outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud.  This usually has worked in the past.  I ensured the add-in is active, and tried to re-install iCoud (from new download) and now I get an error.  "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  I called Apple and have done everything they would have suggested.  I am on-line with good internet connection.  I just cannot establish an iCloud connection.  Any suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T03:09:44+00:00

    I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but there is a way to sync contacts between gmail and Outlook. This has nothing to do with iCloud, however. Once you sync your contacts in Outlook, you can then add them to your iCloud address book (within Outlook) and then they will sync with iCloud. However, any changes made to either to your iCloud or your gmail address books after the sync will have to be added to one or the other manually.

    The following link is to an article about an open source program that allows syncing between gmail and Outlook. I've used it before and it worked for me. I hope it helps with your issue.

    https://www.howtogeek.com/202090/how-to-automatically-sync-contacts-between-outlook-and-gmail/

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T03:14:04+00:00

    I did find one more article about syncing iCloud and gmail contacts. Perhaps one of the methods listed in the article will be a better solution than the open source program I recommended. 

    https://www.imobie.com/support/sync-google-contacts-with-icloud.htm

    I hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-09-15T03:34:19+00:00

    BTW, if the contacts are in icloud but you don't see the icloud contacts when you click the To button, you need to adjust a setting in the address book. 

    I have the steps and screenshots in my article at iCloud Contacts are not showing in Address Book

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T03:41:50+00:00

    Thank you for letting me know all of this unfortunately I never thought to put my contacts into the iCloud but now that you have provided me with this information I think I will go ahead and do that. If I export my contacts from my Gmail account is there a way that I can import them into my iCloud contacts? I have never done that before so any tips you could give would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-09-15T03:53:11+00:00

    Go to https://contacts.google.com/ and export the contact in vCard format (for ios contacts). 

    Log into icloud.com and import into contacts. 

    Or, export in Outlook CSV format and import into Outlook - directly into the icloud folder if it will let you or into the default folder then move to icloud folders in Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments