iCloud set up error in Outlook

Anonymous
2019-08-04T13:25:47+00:00

I've been successfully using iCloud in Outlook 2010 for a couple years.  Yesterday had an sync issue (conflict error which I had never seen before) and I was unable to add any calendar items to my iCals in outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud.  This usually has worked in the past.  I ensured the add-in is active, and tried to re-install iCoud (from new download) and now I get an error.  "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  I called Apple and have done everything they would have suggested.  I am on-line with good internet connection.  I just cannot establish an iCloud connection.  Any suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-04T14:42:56+00:00

    hi i am an independent adviser and would like to help you resolve your issue

    i will suggest you to refer to below article where some basic troubleshooting steps are provided

    ->https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204571

    from above link

    Make sure that iCloud isn’t your default account in Data Files

    When iCloud is set as your default account in Data Files, your data won't sync between your devices.

    Select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files.

    If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account.

    Click Set as Default.

    i will also suggest you to remove your outlook data file and re-add it again

    you can find setting in account section

    setting can differ with version but are almost identical

    Disclaimer:

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    If issue persist please do let me know and I'll do my best on continuing to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-08-07T19:45:25+00:00

    Windows 7, correct?  That is due to a recent update and TLS support. Run the Easy fix in this article (about halfway down) and icloud will work once again. 

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T00:01:46+00:00

    I'm having the same problem in Windows 10. Any suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T01:01:43+00:00

    I'm having the same problem in Windows 10. Any suggestions?

    I also have this same problem in Windows 10.  Any fix for Windows 10?

    I have logged out/in of iCloud and uninstalled/reinstalled iCloud for Windows with no change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments