iCloud set up error in Outlook

Anonymous
2019-08-04T13:25:47+00:00

I've been successfully using iCloud in Outlook 2010 for a couple years.  Yesterday had an sync issue (conflict error which I had never seen before) and I was unable to add any calendar items to my iCals in outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud.  This usually has worked in the past.  I ensured the add-in is active, and tried to re-install iCoud (from new download) and now I get an error.  "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  I called Apple and have done everything they would have suggested.  I am on-line with good internet connection.  I just cannot establish an iCloud connection.  Any suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T02:09:50+00:00

    Hello everyone and sorry to be a bother. I didn’t fact check the iCloud control panel and I was able to get it to process the set up for outlook but there is a caveat to that. I do not have my address book back for my account. I also had initially emailed the Apple second level tech that helped me before back and I originally told him that everything was your child and you can close the ticket but then immediately upon discovering that I didn’t have my address book back I told him not to resolve the ticket that I don’t have my address book back  and that I still need his help. My email accounts are through Gmail does anybody know how to get an address book added into outlook for Gmail? If anyone does no can you please advise me through this  thread.

    Sincerely,

    Princess Wonder Woman

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T01:53:37+00:00

    Thank you for the update I just tried it again and it is working for me also. They must’ve gotten flooded with a lot of calls on this.

    Have a great weekend everybody!

    Sincerely,

    Princess Wonder Woman

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T01:34:48+00:00

    As of about 9:30 PM EST, iCloud is working once again. It seems that the problem was indeed with Apple's servers and/or configuration and the solution does not require any software patches, updates or downloads. I've tested it on 3 different machines, both 32 and 64 bit Windows 10 with Office 2019 and both the iCloud settings configure correctly and the Outlook plug-in appears once again in the toolbar and functions normally.

    I hope that this resolves the issue for everyone, but it not, please keep this thread going so we can try to help anyone who may still be experiencing the problem.

    Thanks everyone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T22:36:34+00:00

    Hmmm....   I can sign into the Apple ID portal but like I said I couldn’t sign into the iCloud website but only halfway on that and when I mean by that is I would go try to sign in and as it was signing me in it would give me that message and yet in the background I could see all of the normal icons and it showed me my name up in the  top right corner with the avatar that I use for myself. Well it still sounds like it’s an Apple problem so I have no choice but to give it the time that they asked to look into it and I did make sure they noted that I wasn’t the only one reporting the same exact thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T21:38:10+00:00

    Hmmm...

    I can sign into the website just fine, though. By that, I mean the iCloud site and the appleid admin portal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments