iCloud set up error in Outlook

Anonymous
2019-08-04T13:25:47+00:00

I've been successfully using iCloud in Outlook 2010 for a couple years.  Yesterday had an sync issue (conflict error which I had never seen before) and I was unable to add any calendar items to my iCals in outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud.  This usually has worked in the past.  I ensured the add-in is active, and tried to re-install iCoud (from new download) and now I get an error.  "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  I called Apple and have done everything they would have suggested.  I am on-line with good internet connection.  I just cannot establish an iCloud connection.  Any suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T21:18:38+00:00

    Hello,

    My name is Alisa and I have this same problem also.  I just wanted to let everyone know I just got off a marathon support call with Apple (thank goodness I have newer Apple devices which still have Apple Care active).  I worked with a 1st & 2nd level support person and we tried having me sign into iCloud on the web and it didn't let me sign in - gave me same error (which the 2nd level tech put into his notes and my iCloud control panel vers is 10.6.1).  The 2nd level has "taken ownership" of this problem and is going up to the developers about this.  I also specified that I was on their own community forums and there are others that are having this same issue.  I should be getting a call back on this issue by the middle of the week.

    My laptop specs:

    9/10 yr old HP Pavilion DV7 6b 32 US

    16 GB RAM

    2 HD (neither is SSD)

    C:  is only for Win 10 + programs 9 (tons of extra room on the 500 GB)

    2nd HD is only for data which is also tied to my Google Cloud back up acct

    Win 10 vers.  1903 (Build 18950.1000) I am on the Windows Insider Preview channel through Developer/Technet network

    I will update this as I hear back.  It sounds like a problem on Apple's side of the fence since I could not sign into the iCloud web site also, so not to panic.  The aforementioned statement being the case Apple will have to fix it as there would be nothing on a user's side of the equation that would be fixable especially since numerous people are in the same boat.

    Sincerely,

    Alisa

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T20:59:33+00:00

    OK, so now I have tested with Windows 10 1803,1809 and 1903 with Office 365, Office 2007, iCloud 5.1, 6.1 and latest release and all produce the same error "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding".  As such this issue is software independent and is most likely centered at Apple's servers.  

    Not much more we can do at this point but wait.  If anyone else comes up with a workaround, please share.  I am 15 hours of lab testing into this with no resolution.  I am tossing in the towel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T20:17:14+00:00

    OK, I just tested with Windows 10 1803, Outlook 2007 and the latest iCloud for Windows.  Same exact error:  

    "Your setup couldn't be started because the iCloud server stopped responding"

    So, this rules out the latest Windows release 1903 and the latest Office 365 release as being culprits.

    Apple, the ball is squarely in your court at this time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T17:59:44+00:00

    I’ve also contacted both Apple and Microsoft and each one blames the other. I’ve tried going back to an earlier version of iCloud, which of course doesn’t work. I’ve also tried uninstalling the latest Windows 10 security updates and that did nothing either. I also did a system restore on one of my machines from about a month ago and for some reason that didn’t work either. That machine was working fine I month ago and as soon as I booted up and launched iCloud settings the same problem cropped up.

    In that case it's probably both their fault. They're simultaneously both wrong, and both right. That doesn't bode well, because it means they'll have to communicate with one another to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-14T17:52:34+00:00

    I’ve also contacted both Apple and Microsoft and each one blames the other. I’ve tried going back to an earlier version of iCloud, which of course doesn’t work. I’ve also tried uninstalling the latest Windows 10 security updates and that did nothing either. I also did a system restore on one of my machines from about a month ago and for some reason that didn’t work either. That machine was working fine I month ago and as soon as I booted up and launched iCloud settings the same problem cropped up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments