How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T05:27:51+00:00

    Thank you for the attempt.

    But unfortunately, "the cat came back" .... all of them actually.

    Yep. I noticed that too ... :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T14:01:11+00:00

    It's unbelievable that the tecknoids at MS have not got a method to eliminate email addresses;  all other devices have that ability.

    Oh well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T11:11:50+00:00

    I also am having the same problem - i'd like to delete old girlfriend addresses that have a habit of popping up by the suggestions just when you don't want them too (i.e. wife looking over shoulder).

    I really would appreciate an option to remove them - especially considering none of them are listed in my contacts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T14:16:46+00:00

    I finally got in touch with a MAC technician...Microsoft 365 technician referred as I was on IPAD at the time.

    On IPAD I went to contacts...deleted individuals and confirmed...and then closed browser.

    That seems to have cleared them without coming back.

    There was a discussion with technician about if email addresses were synced...that might have been issue...but separate accounts and separate contact lists...even if they are somehow synced...(which I have no clue...and was recommended if they are...don't unsync, as that could cause other issues).

    Now that was all on my IPAD.  (MAC)

    I haven't tried it on PC again yet...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments