How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:19:50+00:00

    Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor are you able to press the x button next to the email address when you enter the email address into the receipt field

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:20:18+00:00

    Pressing the x will delete the email address

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:21:24+00:00

    hi i am an independent adviser and would like to help you resolve your issue

    please click on the link below so that it will redirect you to setting page. log in if not logged in.

    => https://outlook.live.com/mail/options/general/e...

    If issue persist please do let me know and I'll do my best on continuing to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:25:00+00:00

    Dear KVN

    I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community using my experience with Microsoft products.

    When you start typing and suggested contacts appear, just click on the "X" near the contact and it should remove it from the search. However please be careful, at some point i missed and removed another contact and later on I had to recreate the contact, for it to appear again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:32:02+00:00

    Hi Peter and all, I do not see X next to the email-address showing up :( 

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments