How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-25T15:38:29+00:00

    Have similar issue with trying to clear rejected emails from OUTLOOK. 

    Seems that many of my advocacy contacts have changed jobs, emails, or some have passed...also family and friends.

    When I add them from the assist email listing and they reject...attempts to delete the email seem to fail.

    HOW DO I DELETE EMAIL FROM MY CONTACTS?

    Thank you...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-09T10:22:46+00:00

    Hi Peter and anyone at Microsoft listening

    I have entered the first letter of my daughter's current email address, but her old one, which is no longer in my contacts, keeps popping up also, so I have to check my contacts list to make sure I use her current one and not her old dead one. I press 'x' against the one I don't want and it disappears, but then reappears the next time I email her. This also happens for any other of my contacts who have changed their email addresses. 

    Is it not possible to be able to delete old, dead and unwanted email addresses from Outlook's 'autocomplete list' once and for all?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T22:09:23+00:00

    Hi PeterFlynn4, this did not work either. This email-address (I do not want to appear anymore) will show up there every time I do search (i.e. enter first 3 letters). :(  

    Also it's for People of the Outlook.com (not for the Desktop Outlook app).

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T20:12:55+00:00

    Enter the first three letters and the auto complete list should appear then either press the down arrow to highlight the email address then press the delete key or click on the email address in the list and select the x to delete

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:32:02+00:00

    Hi Peter and all, I do not see X next to the email-address showing up :( 

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments