How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-19T19:44:00+00:00

    Pressing x won't do anything, if you do that okay you won't find the name, but once you do a search in the search box for the name, the email address will appear again.

    It is really frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-09T13:32:59+00:00

    Thank you.

    I did that myself for a time...and then, found that those same addresses where in fact, still there.

    Very frustrating...especially when folks I know are dead, or who no longer have that email, continue to exist without ability to delete.

    Working to get away from MICROSOFT...OUTLOOK as way to resolve...

    Sure this is not a new concept or discussion for them.

    Thank you again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-08T19:47:50+00:00

    I tried most of this but  i can not solve the problem... 

    At the end i try and solved it by myself.

    This is my way to do it...

    Problem: Trying to delete a mail adress from the Hotmail(Outlook) auto complete list.

    Solution: First, add the adress(the one that appears automaticaly)  to your adressbook.

    And then go to your adressbook find it and delete it. 

    Thats all...

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-10T16:07:22+00:00

    I am with you Michael...  I want to delete folks and old email addresses that keep popping up.  Some I never "put" there...  Some are no longer valid emails.  Some are dead... 

    I want above indicated to DISAPPEAR ONCE AND FOR ALL...  TOO...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-09T11:05:19+00:00

    My question was HOW DO I DELETE OLD CONTACTS FROM MY OUTLOOK'S MEMORY ...they are no longer in my CONTACTS list ...but when I come to do an email they appear as soon as I enter the first letter of their address ...I know I can remove them by clicking 'x' against their name for each particular email ...but why should I have to keep doing this everytime I do an email ...I want them to disappear once and for all ...PERIOD!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments