How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-06T15:13:16+00:00

    No, unfortunately, Microsoft never got back to me with a solution.

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-06T12:59:25+00:00

    I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

    How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

    Hi KVN

    Did you find the answer to your query, I have the same query...please do forward the solution!

    Many thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-09T18:57:16+00:00

    I have the exact same problem as all the others in the post group and have tried all remedies suggested.

    Looking for help through MS or anywhere else does not help either.

    Surely, someone at MS has recognized that this is going to clog people's email.

    Or do they want the dead to continue e-living?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-19T19:49:09+00:00

    Have you try this by yourself?

    No one can find this x while you search for a name on the search box

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments