How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T08:30:13+00:00

    Have similar issue with trying to clear rejected emails from OUTLOOK. 

    Seems that many of my advocacy contacts have changed jobs, emails, or some have passed...also family and friends.

    When I add them from the assist email listing and they reject...attempts to delete the email seem to fail.

    HOW DO I DELETE EMAIL FROM MY CONTACTS?

    Thank you...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T17:22:02+00:00

    This doesn't work in every instance. I have an old email I want to expunge. When I enter the first several characters, it brings up the current email addresses and the one obsolete one. While the emails under the heading "Recent People" have an x next to each choice, there's an "other suggestions" set of email choices, including the one I want to delete. None of these have an x next to the name. Please advise; thanks -- Dan Lewis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T22:06:23+00:00

    Sorry, I just realized that only my newer devices (Galaxy s10 phone, etc, not my s2 tablet) have a trash folder. When you open up the Contacts, there are 3 lines at the top left. You click on that and there is a trash link and if you click on that, you can open it and empty it from there. I hope this helps you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T20:50:02+00:00

    Hello, I have same issue. where is the contact trash folder. located?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T19:38:55+00:00

    I just found that you have to empty the trash in contacts to get rid of it on mobile devices. I tried everything before. Deleting it, editing it, etc., but it kept showing up until I discovered there was a trash folder in the contacts. When I emptied that, which included the offending e-mail address,  then it disappeared.  

    I hope this was helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments