How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-22T16:44:08+00:00

    I am having the same problem - not being able to delete/remove old addresses or those deceased.  Can anyone resolve this?  Old address continue to pop up.  They don't show in my "contact list".  Yet when I use the contact "search bar" in Microsoft - Outlook; guess what their name shows with all their "old" address.  REALLY can't they just be deleted?!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-15T08:28:01+00:00

    ...after many months ...this has finally worked for me ...but I had to use shift+delete at stage 4. in order to delete the unwanted/dead email addresses ...that Outlook seems the need to cling on to for some reason! Why do they make it so difficult!!

    Many thanks Maxximus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T18:47:53+00:00

    "

    This worked for me in Outlook live

    To accomplish this: 1. Clic"

    Never Mind. Came Back :{

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-08T18:42:15+00:00

    This worked for me in Outlook live

    To accomplish this: 1. Click the New button to open a new message. 2. Type the first three character of the cached name into the To field to trigger the AutoComplete feature. 3. Press the Down Arrow key on your keyboard to highlight the name or email address you wanted to delete. 4. Press Delete on your keyboard to remove it. For more information check out http://support2.microsoft.com/?kbid=287623

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T09:55:51+00:00

    Microsoft / Outlook / Hotmail are just not listening to their customers anymore or they would have fixed this issue yonks ago!

    I still have 2 Hotmail accounts but do most of my emailing on Google mail/gmail these days as they offer real accurate Contacts and no junk mail ...ever!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments