How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T22:46:45+00:00

    Here!  Here!

    You're spot on ... and I have no idea why it isn't dealt with.

    Perhaps a class action lawsuit threat ....?

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-09T18:42:28+00:00

    For the love of god. SOME ONE FIX THIS ALREADY IT HAS BEEN YEARS

    EIther some one fix this or start sending me money every month as payment for being a developer at microsoft because by typing the question into google i already did more work then the clowns they have currently employed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-18T15:12:28+00:00

    I agree!!!  Really let's go MS - get this fixed!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T21:26:07+00:00

    Sadly, your exes will be with you forever ..... nothing we have tried has managed to delete unwanted email addresses..... doesn't matter even if they're dead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T14:16:46+00:00

    I finally got in touch with a MAC technician...Microsoft 365 technician referred as I was on IPAD at the time.

    On IPAD I went to contacts...deleted individuals and confirmed...and then closed browser.

    That seems to have cleared them without coming back.

    There was a discussion with technician about if email addresses were synced...that might have been issue...but separate accounts and separate contact lists...even if they are somehow synced...(which I have no clue...and was recommended if they are...don't unsync, as that could cause other issues).

    Now that was all on my IPAD.  (MAC)

    I haven't tried it on PC again yet...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments