How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-06T12:59:25+00:00

    I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

    How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

    Hi KVN

    Did you find the answer to your query, I have the same query...please do forward the solution!

    Many thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-09T13:32:59+00:00

    Thank you.

    I did that myself for a time...and then, found that those same addresses where in fact, still there.

    Very frustrating...especially when folks I know are dead, or who no longer have that email, continue to exist without ability to delete.

    Working to get away from MICROSOFT...OUTLOOK as way to resolve...

    Sure this is not a new concept or discussion for them.

    Thank you again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-25T15:38:29+00:00

    Have similar issue with trying to clear rejected emails from OUTLOOK. 

    Seems that many of my advocacy contacts have changed jobs, emails, or some have passed...also family and friends.

    When I add them from the assist email listing and they reject...attempts to delete the email seem to fail.

    HOW DO I DELETE EMAIL FROM MY CONTACTS?

    Thank you...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:25:00+00:00

    Dear KVN

    I am an independent advisor, and I am trying to help other users in Community using my experience with Microsoft products.

    When you start typing and suggested contacts appear, just click on the "X" near the contact and it should remove it from the search. However please be careful, at some point i missed and removed another contact and later on I had to recreate the contact, for it to appear again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T20:12:55+00:00

    Enter the first three letters and the auto complete list should appear then either press the down arrow to highlight the email address then press the delete key or click on the email address in the list and select the x to delete

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments