How can I clear email-address from Search field for Outlook People?

Anonymous
2019-08-06T18:11:57+00:00

I have sent/received a couple of emails to/from some people who are not in my Hotmail-People Contacts list (even those emails have been deleted a while ago). Now if I type their email address into People Search field - the email will show up there.

How can I clear this search cache, thus email-addresses (which are not in my Contacts and that does not have any corresponding emails anymore) will not show up in the Search?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-08T19:47:50+00:00

    I tried most of this but  i can not solve the problem... 

    At the end i try and solved it by myself.

    This is my way to do it...

    Problem: Trying to delete a mail adress from the Hotmail(Outlook) auto complete list.

    Solution: First, add the adress(the one that appears automaticaly)  to your adressbook.

    And then go to your adressbook find it and delete it. 

    Thats all...

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:19:50+00:00

    Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor are you able to press the x button next to the email address when you enter the email address into the receipt field

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-19T19:44:00+00:00

    Pressing x won't do anything, if you do that okay you won't find the name, but once you do a search in the search box for the name, the email address will appear again.

    It is really frustrating

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:21:24+00:00

    hi i am an independent adviser and would like to help you resolve your issue

    please click on the link below so that it will redirect you to setting page. log in if not logged in.

    => https://outlook.live.com/mail/options/general/e...

    If issue persist please do let me know and I'll do my best on continuing to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T18:20:18+00:00

    Pressing the x will delete the email address

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments