Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T08:42:42+00:00

    Hoping someone can help.

    THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

    WHAT I'VE TRIED:

    * I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

    * I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

    * Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

    * Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

    Any thing else to try?

    Hi There,

    I have had the same problem. I fixed it by going into the Outlook App --> Settings --> Click on the email under Accounts --> Turn on the Save Contacts.

    Cheers,

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-19T12:40:12+00:00

    I have an iCloud icon on my PC desktop.  When I click on it I get a box with the options I have chosen.  It does not connect me to iCloud.com.  Is this normal?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-26T09:42:01+00:00

    Legendary thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-07T22:47:00+00:00

    Worked for me, but give it a little time for contacts to show up.  They weren't there immediately after I followed the steps and went back into the contacts app after restarting my phone.  I went into groups and toggled outlook on and off, but I don't think that immediately fixed it.  But after a few minutes the contacts showed up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-29T03:02:17+00:00

    Thanks, That worked. I had two iPhones listed and deleted them both. I did not have to reset my phone. The contacts appeared!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments