Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-11T12:26:54+00:00

    I've had the same problem, but found the solution.

    Just add your outlook account the regular way, no contacts will be added at this time.

    BUT, now go to Settings/Accounts & Passwords and at the bottom you will see "Fetch new Data" and it will be set to "Push"

    Click on that, next click on Outlook and change the "Push" to "Fetch" and all the contacts are downloaded.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T13:12:29+00:00

    Best lovetips hindi

    You can find here lots of love tips and tricks

    Valentines gifts for your lover

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T20:47:29+00:00

    Indeed, my iPhone 8+ Access State = Quarantined

    I also rec'd a less than helpful email from "Microsoft account" (no-reply@microsoft.com) indicating that they recommend Outlook for iOS.

    The link for "Continue using this email app" doesn't work.

    Below that in tiny print, "If no action is taken, your email will automatically sync to this device in a few hours"

    Well, email was sync'ing just fine, and immediately...

    I rebooted my iPhone and waited for a while, but nothing I tried would enable my Outlook.com People to sync with Contacts.

    The Contact Groups did show up immediately.

    Guess I just need to be patient and see if the Access State changes...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T20:52:04+00:00

    Thanks, tomicjr!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T21:14:18+00:00

    What if my device is suddenly showing as quarantined?

    It was working perfectly fine before?

    I see that the Access state is set to quarantined by default. When Outlook account is added to iPhone, an email is sent by Outlook recommending to use MS Outlook app for iPhone. One has to explicitly click to use "Use default App" to let the Access State change from Quarantined to "Access Granted". 

    I did receive such and email, but the link in the email doesn't work.  Page eventually renders, and says:

    Something went wrong

    We couldn't complete your request. Please refresh this page so we can sync your Outlook.com email with your device.

    Thank you,

    The Outlook Team

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments