Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-29T15:27:07+00:00

    Having the same problem with an iPhone 8 just coming from win phone

    Spent over an hr on the phone to Apple this morning no joy.

    Had a glimmer of hope when I saw MarcoXW suggestion but tried it and still no joy. Marco, did you have the outlook app installed and if so did you remove / re-install it?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-29T20:12:22+00:00

    I actually solved my own problem. I got so frustated that I just stopped and left the iPhone as it was configured. The next morning when I woke up the contacts were there.

    I don't know why, but the sync seems either to take ages or just happens very infrequently. At least there is no indication if it is syncing or not at all and it also seems that this is not an incremental sync but rather an all-or-nothing approach. Strange, but data is now there.

    Perhaps some patience helps others as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-02T05:23:42+00:00

    This is what I did also (every step) and it worked for me too. I have found that this is the only thing that has finally fixed my issue with syncing my Outlook contacts into my iPhone. Thanks for the comment above!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-08T06:29:42+00:00

    I had the same issue. I was wondering the contact didnt sync. Then I saw there was only one message in my outlook mailbox on the iphone. This message also didnt appear on outlook.com.

    In this message Microsoft tells you that they recommend Outlook for ios. They give you the choice to download the outlook app or start the sync with Apple mail. And if you look closly, you can see:

    if you don't choose something in this message, the sync automaticly starts in some hours.

    not the best way to recommend something..

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-23T15:00:20+00:00

    When I added my outlook.com account to my new iPhone X, the calendar sync'd within 5 minutes, but contacts did not (although group categories did immediately).  When you go on outlook.com under options --> general --> mobile devices, it shows the new mobile device is in quarantine.  It clears overnight and the contacts are sync'd.   I did delete the outlook.com account on my iPhone and reboot the phone.  Then added the account back.  I am unsure if the two are related, but on the outlook.com it is showing access granted now.  You may just need to give your phone time to have access granted or to sync.  In any case, my new iPhone X now has both contacts and calendar syncing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments