Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Thanks, tomicjr!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hoping someone can help.
THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.
WHAT I'VE TRIED:
* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded. Still nothing.
* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.
* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.
* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area. Status is "OK"
Any thing else to try?
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks, tomicjr!
Indeed, my iPhone 8+ Access State = Quarantined
I also rec'd a less than helpful email from "Microsoft account" (no-reply@microsoft.com) indicating that they recommend Outlook for iOS.
The link for "Continue using this email app" doesn't work.
Below that in tiny print, "If no action is taken, your email will automatically sync to this device in a few hours"
Well, email was sync'ing just fine, and immediately...
I rebooted my iPhone and waited for a while, but nothing I tried would enable my Outlook.com People to sync with Contacts.
The Contact Groups did show up immediately.
Guess I just need to be patient and see if the Access State changes...
I've had the same problem, but found the solution.
Just add your outlook account the regular way, no contacts will be added at this time.
BUT, now go to Settings/Accounts & Passwords and at the bottom you will see "Fetch new Data" and it will be set to "Push"
Click on that, next click on Outlook and change the "Push" to "Fetch" and all the contacts are downloaded.
When I added my outlook.com account to my new iPhone X, the calendar sync'd within 5 minutes, but contacts did not (although group categories did immediately). When you go on outlook.com under options --> general --> mobile devices, it shows the new mobile device is in quarantine. It clears overnight and the contacts are sync'd. I did delete the outlook.com account on my iPhone and reboot the phone. Then added the account back. I am unsure if the two are related, but on the outlook.com it is showing access granted now. You may just need to give your phone time to have access granted or to sync. In any case, my new iPhone X now has both contacts and calendar syncing.