Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-28T22:48:45+00:00

    This was awesome - was fighting it for the whole day before your advice! thanks!

    Keep this case open

    I have not had time to complete the

    instructions

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-28T21:55:13+00:00

    This was awesome - was fighting it for the whole day before your advice! thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-27T06:04:07+00:00

    Eureka!

    After wasting HOURS, and no reply from MSFT technical support, this worked for me:

    1. Login to outlook.live.com
    2. Settings (gear) > Options > General > Mobile Devices
    3. Select iPhone and REMOVE ("-" icon)
    4. Power off iPhone
    5. Power on iPhone - device should attempt to re-register with Microsoft
    6. Look for email with subject, "ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC EMAIL"
    7. Click "Continue using this email app"

    This should open default web browser, and display a success message:

    "We've noted that you'd prefer not to use the Outlook Mobile app.  Outlook.com will resume syncing with your device."

    Go back to screen from #2, and click the pencil icon for device details. 

    Look for -- Access state: Access granted

    Note to MSFT:  I want the option to use EITHER built-in iOS contacts/mail/etc. and/or your Outlook app.

    (However, my companies MDM Mobile Iron software will not permit the use at this time!)

    Until I did this, none of the SYNC emails from Microsoft had usable URLs and device remained Quarantined.

    YOU ARE THE MAN!! Thank you. It works just like you said. After days of trying lots of things this worked. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-27T01:05:26+00:00

    Thanks.

    This is the first time I've "used" an iphone as my daily goto device.

    Have always wondered why people never did just use exchange for a hotmail account.

    Thanks for your suggestion.  All my hotmail and gmail contacts are populating the iphone 5s.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T01:38:59+00:00

    I cant delete contacts on my iphone7

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments