Outlook.com contacts not syncing to iPhone (but calendar and e-mail are)

Anonymous
2017-05-06T16:45:51+00:00

Hoping someone can help.

THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded.  Still nothing.

* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.

* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.

* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area.  Status is "OK"

Any thing else to try?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-03T22:28:20+00:00

    Thank you very much for this. This is indeed the steps that worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-31T04:06:44+00:00

    What if my device is suddenly showing as quarantined?

    It was working perfectly fine before?

    I see that the Access state is set to quarantined by default. When Outlook account is added to iPhone, an email is sent by Outlook recommending to use MS Outlook app for iPhone. One has to explicitly click to use "Use default App" to let the Access State change from Quarantined to "Access Granted". 

    Thank you so much for this info... I have spent hours playing with the phone, installing, uninstalling, deleting accounts, adding accounts, trying everything on the web I could find... and then did this.

    It changed to access granted and all my contacts finally came through!

    So frustrating!.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T20:52:04+00:00

    Thanks, tomicjr!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T13:12:29+00:00

    Best lovetips hindi

    You can find here lots of love tips and tricks

    Valentines gifts for your lover

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-29T15:27:07+00:00

    Having the same problem with an iPhone 8 just coming from win phone

    Spent over an hr on the phone to Apple this morning no joy.

    Had a glimmer of hope when I saw MarcoXW suggestion but tried it and still no joy. Marco, did you have the outlook app installed and if so did you remove / re-install it?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments