Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
On your iPhone, go to Settings
> Passwords & Accounts. Tap Exchange, sign in to your Outlook.com account, then turn on Contacts.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hoping someone can help.
THE ISSUE: My new iPhone 7 isn't pulling in my contacts into the Phone >Contacts app (the stock iPhone contacts app) from Outlook.com. It's strange because both my e-mail and calendar from Outlook.com are syncing properly.
WHAT I'VE TRIED:
* I've removed the Outlook.com account and readded. Still nothing.
* I've unchecked the "contacts" toggle and retoggled it back on. It says it's syncing, but the contacts are not there.
* Downloaded the Outlook app from the App Store. Confirmed the Contacts show up.
* Gone to Outlook.com and OPtions>General and confirmed the iPhone is in the Devices area. Status is "OK"
Any thing else to try?
Organizing and accessing contact information in Outlook.com
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
On your iPhone, go to Settings
> Passwords & Accounts. Tap Exchange, sign in to your Outlook.com account, then turn on Contacts.
After your Outlook account is synced. Check your Mail app, you should get an email from Microsoft suggesting to download their own app. Just say that you want to keep using the default iOS Mail app instead and everything will start syncing.
What if my device is suddenly showing as quarantined?
It was working perfectly fine before?
I see that the Access state is set to quarantined by default. When Outlook account is added to iPhone, an email is sent by Outlook recommending to use MS Outlook app for iPhone. One has to explicitly click to use "Use default App" to let the Access State change from Quarantined to "Access Granted".
I did receive such and email, but the link in the email doesn't work. Page eventually renders, and says:
Something went wrong
We couldn't complete your request. Please refresh this page so we can sync your Outlook.com email with your device.
Thank you,
The Outlook Team
Indeed, my iPhone 8+ Access State = Quarantined
I also rec'd a less than helpful email from "Microsoft account" (no-reply@microsoft.com) indicating that they recommend Outlook for iOS.
The link for "Continue using this email app" doesn't work.
Below that in tiny print, "If no action is taken, your email will automatically sync to this device in a few hours"
Well, email was sync'ing just fine, and immediately...
I rebooted my iPhone and waited for a while, but nothing I tried would enable my Outlook.com People to sync with Contacts.
The Contact Groups did show up immediately.
Guess I just need to be patient and see if the Access State changes...
Eureka!
After wasting HOURS, and no reply from MSFT technical support, this worked for me:
- Login to outlook.live.com
- Settings (gear) > Options > General > Mobile Devices
- Select iPhone and REMOVE ("-" icon)
- Power off iPhone
- Power on iPhone - device should attempt to re-register with Microsoft
- Look for email with subject, "ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC EMAIL"
- Click "Continue using this email app"
This should open default web browser, and display a success message:
"We've noted that you'd prefer not to use the Outlook Mobile app. Outlook.com will resume syncing with your device."
Go back to screen from #2, and click the pencil icon for device details.
Look for -- Access state: Access granted
Note to MSFT: I want the option to use EITHER built-in iOS contacts/mail/etc. and/or your Outlook app.
(However, my companies MDM Mobile Iron software will not permit the use at this time!)
Until I did this, none of the SYNC emails from Microsoft had usable URLs and device remained Quarantined.
YOU ARE THE MAN!! Thank you. It works just like you said. After days of trying lots of things this worked. :)