Using Outlook for iOS in business environments for email and scheduling
There are no encryption settings in the iphone app, right? No SSL sliders on the whole app. These are done automatically by outlook. If outlook recognizes that it can't connect with SSL it will pop back with the second image. At that point, clicking "login(second image)" should allow you to connect to imap without SSL(even though the app does not spell that out).
I'm gonna resolve the issue. My expectations are: 1. Either an incorrect (as of 2016) imap setting on the server, or the non-open port on the firewall causing some specific algorithm to error out, basically now allowing outlook to see the server.
Luckily I can fool around with this on the server admin side, so maybe we can get this issue resolved for everyone pretty soon. I'll work on the above mentioned resolutions and report back with my findings.
Automation and 2016 best practice have tried to make this app easier for people and this issue only affects a few small businesses who aren't exchangesync I suspect. I do miss the SSL sliders though.