Using Outlook for iOS in business environments for email and scheduling
I'm not connecting to Outlook.com.
Im connecting to my own imap server.
And yes, built-in ios mail.app works just fine.
Anyway I've solved it now as per my first comment.
Cheers
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have installed the Outlook app on an iPad and iPhone with the latest iOS8. I have an IMAP email account but the app is unable to connect to it.
The native iOS email client on both devices will connect to this IMAP account OK. But when I enter the same settings in the Outlook app's Advanced Settings entry screen (which are the server, etc. settings provided by my ISP), it comes back with a message that it cannot connect.
I note that the entry screens in the current Outlook app differ from those shown in the relevant Office365 knowledge base article here:
The article shows screenshots with options to select/deselect SSL and enter port numbers. These options don't appear when I use the IMAP setup option in Outlook for iOS.
Note that when iOS makes the connection, it does not use SSL or ask for port numbers. These parameters can only be accessed via the advanced account settings for the account AFTER the device has added the account.
I should add that I also have an Exchange email account, which can be set up in both the iOS email client and the iOS Outlook app without difficulty.
And also that the Outlook app exhibits the same behaviour on Android - i.e. the Android email client lets me set up the IMAP account but Outlook for Android is unable to connect.
Using Outlook for iOS in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm not connecting to Outlook.com.
Im connecting to my own imap server.
And yes, built-in ios mail.app works just fine.
Anyway I've solved it now as per my first comment.
Cheers
Why are you using an IMAP account? Why not an EAS account? IMAP cannot sync calendar or contacts. EAS can.
Can you connect to the mailbox using the built-in iOS Mail app? Add the account in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Add Account. Choose "Outlook.com" as the account type if logging into http://mail.live.com/ shows "Outlook.com" at the left end of the menu bar or choose "Exchange" if you see "Outlook Mail" at the left end of the menu bar.
No, single-step.
Do you have two-step verification enabled? If so, when you changed phones, you started using a non-trusted device. Generate a new app password for the new phone at https://account.live.com/proofs/manage and use that instead of your normal password in the new phone.
Hi guys,
not sure if it will help but here is what happened to me:
1- had outlook ios with an imap account working on both my ipad and iphone (running latest ios9.2.1)
2- replaced my iphone with a new one. outlook stopped being able to get emails from my imap account.
3- removed the account from the iphone outlook app.
4- Tried to add it again and it failed saying "secure connection unavailable. would you like to login anyway"
5- I'm sure there is a secure connection available AND selectin"login anyway" just shows this same message in a loop.
To solve it i had to remove this imap account from my ipad and select "remove from ALL devices".
After that i could easly add the account again on my iphone.
Hope it helps someone.
Cheers