Outlook suddenly taking all attachments from One Drive rather than from my PC

Anonymous
2016-08-03T21:19:57+00:00

For some reason my Outlook 2016 program has decided that whenever I want to attach a file to an e-mail, that it will pull that file from One Drive rather than from my PC.

It never did this until this morning and it is driving me nuts.  When I send an attachment, I want the attachment to be drawn directly from my PC not from One Drive.    

I called up my Office 365 rep and he told me that I should unsynch the folder which I am pulling the attachment from.  That way, it can only take from the PC.    Ok, that doesn't resolve the problem however because if I do that, I'm no longer backing up files on to One Drive.

I want to be able to back up everything to One Drive, but when I send an attachment via e-mail, I don't want the recipient to have to access that file through One Drive.    They should just be able to open the attachment directly.

Again, this was never an issue until this morning.   I have to assume I flipped a toggle on Outlook that is preventing it from adding attachments directly from the PC, but I can't figure out what I did.

Can anyone assist?

Sincerely,

Marc

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-05T01:44:45+00:00

Hi everyone,

I got the information from our Outlook team that the issue has been resolved several hours ago. In order for the change to take effect, please restart Outlook 2016, and you should go back to the original experience of seeing both a local copy of your OneDrive file in the Attachments menu, in addition to the cloud link, allowing you to select how you prefer sending your OneDrive file.

If you still have the problem after restarting , feel free to let us know by posting a new thread. I will be closing this thread for further posting in order for affected users to easily identify this message.

More information you can see here.

Best Regards,

Neo Zhu

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T22:55:42+00:00

    They accessed my computer remotely and trying to figure it out. I even sent a link to this forum, because you described the issue very well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T22:52:48+00:00

    Yes, I noticed today.  I am not sure if it was an update or not...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T22:43:22+00:00

    Glad I'm not alone.   Did your issue just start today as well?  Was there some update to Windows or to 365 that may have caused this to happen?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-03T22:37:48+00:00

    I am having exact same issue.  Driving me crazy.  I called tech support.  The girl from the Philippines obviously had no clue.  She gave me a case number and referred me to someone in OneDrive department.  I am on a chat with them right now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments