DNS settings issue on Outlook for Mac 2011

Anonymous
2017-04-09T17:35:05+00:00

I am constantly getting these popup window alerts for my Outlook for Mac 2011 every few minutes"

"Outlook cannot find the server. Verify the server information is entered correctly in the Account Settings, and that your DNS settings in the Network pane of System Preferences are correct."

How do I correct this issue??

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-05-09T03:06:53+00:00

Hi RSSrsvp,

Here’re the steps to flush DNS in Mac:

  • Step 1: Open the Terminal
    • Navigate to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
  • Step 2: Flush DNS - Type the following command and hit enter. 
    • Mac OS X Yosemite and later
      sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
      • Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10 through v10.10.3

sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache - Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder - Mac OS X Snow Leopard

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

Thanks,

Brook

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-28T00:04:16+00:00

    Hi RSSrsvp,

    What I mean is to delete every single Keychain Access which contains Outlook.com, not every items.

    Please go to Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and type Outlook on the top right corner, delete those entries which has Outlook.com.

    Thanks,

    Lance

    I deleted all the keychain entries as directed, removed my email  account from outlook.com and still have an issue. Here is the latest error message that appears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-28T12:09:38+00:00

    Same issue. Deleted keychain entries and accounts and started over. After downloading about 12 messages to my inbox, outlook froze again and I got the same error message. Im trying the office 365 now as an alternative and it work perfectly but I should have to upgrade just for outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-28T12:33:15+00:00

    Hi RSSrsvp,

    Thanks for the update. May I know have you tried to check this issue via automatically set up your Outlook.com account to see whether the problem still occurs? For your reference: Add an email account to Outlook for Mac 2011

    Note: If you have local data that is not present on the Cloud/Server. In that case, we recommend that you Back up/Export the email data before set up.

    Best regards,

    Shyamal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-28T12:54:22+00:00

    I was instructed to delete my account and add it again. When I added it back I did the automatic method.

    Incidentally I never used to experience this  DNS settings issue with error messages appearing before and it started in one of your more recent updates to Office for Mac 2011. There is a glitch in your software updates that caused this to happen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments