How to export outlook.live.com Calendar?

Anonymous
2016-08-08T19:00:11+00:00

I would like to export my outlook.live.com Calendar to a non-Microsoft app.

Instructions that I have found by searching suggest doing a File -> Export, but when I have selected my outlook.live.com Calendar (tab) I don't have an Export choice in my browser's (Firefox) File menu.

Trying this with I.E. I see a File -> Import and Export.... menu item, but the 'Import and Export' wizard appears to only allow me to export Favorites, Feeds, or Cookies.

Do I mis-understand how to access the Export function?   Or, has the procedure changed?

Thanks for any guidance.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
2016-08-08T21:21:58+00:00

The File>Import & Export advice is for Office Outlook, the mail client you install on your PC. It has nothing to do with Outlook.com's calendar.

Log into your calendar and select Options gear>Options>Publish. Right-click the ICS URI and choose "Save target as". This will give you an ICS file you can import into another program, provided that program can import ICS files.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-21T22:46:35+00:00

    Not a solution. I have tried ALL browser's without success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-26T13:02:16+00:00

    Could it be even more annoying?

    I have the same problem (an error and no links) and also tried several browsers.

    Does anyone in Microsoft bothers to solve this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-26T17:00:12+00:00

    I don't think so... :-( it's a very annoying problem and should be threated as very important. It will become more annoying because, from what i see, is threated as NO IMPORTANCE by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-26T20:41:03+00:00

    There is a workround. I synced Outlook.com to Office Outlook ( in this case Outlook 2013 ) running on my pc. I have forgotten how I made the sync but I think I probably just added the Outlook.com account to Office Outlook. From Office Outlook you can export a CSV file ( there is no ICS option ). Other software, like Google Calendar, can import a CSV file OK. I now have a successful three-way sync between my win 8.1 'phone, Outlook.com and Office Outlook without duplication. The only problem is that although there are ten years' entries on both the Outlooks, the MS sync software deletes all but the past two weeks' entries on the 'phone and allows no user control over this. Of course this is not the answer to the error in Outlook.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments