Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
It seems to be a syncing issue. So I guess it ca happen in any account but the bigger it is the more likely it is to have an issue between the two databases.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Error "mailbox already exists (0.000 + 0.000 secs)" - and outlook loses connection to IMAP server (shows empty account).
Then, either through manual intervention (clicking on another account and then coming back), or sometimes it just does it by itself, it "rediscovers" my IMAP mailbox and works OK... Until next time (falls over every ?? 30 minutes or so).
Using outlook 2016 on Mac, V15.26.1. This also happened on previous version.
Didnt used to be a problem. Just started about 2 weeks ago with no changes from my end that I am aware of!?! Upgraded to latest Version today. Made no difference.
Advice welcome!
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It seems to be a syncing issue. So I guess it ca happen in any account but the bigger it is the more likely it is to have an issue between the two databases.
Exactly!
I suspect, as I think you said in a previous post, that it has something to do with a mismatch or corruption of some type between the client and the server.
I have two IMAP emails set up on Outlook, one of them was continuing to have the issue even after I removed most of the emails from it, so just now I removed ALL the emails from it.
I suspect without any emails to confuse it, there will be no more error messages and/or disappearance of folders...
We will see....as I start to receive emails on that account....it will be interesting to see how long it takes for the issue to appear again, and I'm hoping that's a VERY long time!
Thanks ever so much for your suggestions, Dale!!
Sorry folks,
That theory doesnt hold. I tried archiving very early in attempting to debug this, and the issue remained. I repeated the attempt on several occasions. I had fewer than 100 emails left in my accounts and still had the problem.
I have given up on Microsoft.
The ONLY solution I could find is that I no longer use Outlook.
I have moved to Mac Mail - not something I wanted to do - something I was forced to do by Microsoft ignoring this issue. Their software was unusable. Multiple times an hour, all mail disappears and needs to be manually reset, and then re-downloaded.
This is ANTI-productivity software. Just not good enough.
Good luck to everyone else. Hope Microsoft answers you eventually. I have left the building.
I concur. The archive has not worked for me either. Mac Mail might be the solution for this comcast account.
I just got a phone call a few days ago from Microsoft and they told me that the only thing left to do is to format my mac and re install every thing. they also mentioned that "they are not Apple and they can't help". I bout this product from Microsoft as far as I remember.
What a great solution! NOT.
I told theme that this is to far and they can't even promise that this help so there is no chance.
Their answer was "We are sorry, this is the only solution and we never got any case like this before, you are the first one!" I told them to google up this issue and tell me again if I am the first.
The answer was " We where glade to help you and after you format your mac please let us know and we will give you 3 months subscription for free".. thanks, it is very helpful to get this "free" subscription when your getting a not working product...
I gave up.