Mac 2016 Outlook v15.9 certificate problem

Anonymous
2015-04-15T17:27:29+00:00

I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-03T18:07:59+00:00

    MSFT please answer/fix here... we move to this Outlook version and now being severily affected. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-04T03:22:22+00:00

    Hi there,

    Just found work-around: downgrade to 15.8.2

    you can pull DMG from MSFT

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3048674

    Sad but only way I manage after a full day playing with certificates.

    HTH

    MSFT: you need to fix this ASAP

    Thanks

    -f

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-04T23:02:58+00:00

    We encountered the same issue after installing version 15.13.1.  The certificate error keeps coming back whenever we relaunch Outlook.  Even though I followed the KB article from Microsoft below, the error still comes back.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3066652

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-07T19:00:49+00:00

    Yep, I solved getting back to 15.8.2. Sad solution. In the meanwhile I used Mail, not bad at all, reconsidering use Outlook again till this bug get solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T20:06:59+00:00

    Hi. We have on site Exchange 2010, and just installed Office 2016, Outlook is upgraded to 15.14.2 but we also have this issue. 

    In our case, instead of using our own certificate hosted on Exchange, Outlook goes and resolves our domain and grabs the cert off our website, which is hosted by a 3rd party, instead of internally resolving to our mail.domain.com certificate.

    Can't believe this issue is still on going...did Microsoft not run into this issue while testing? Maybe it's some settings that needs to be changed on Exchange or on Outlook's profile?

    Looking forward to a fix for this.

    Northenio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments