Mac 2016 Outlook v15.9 certificate problem

Anonymous
2015-04-15T17:27:29+00:00

I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-13T14:55:05+00:00

    I still don't think it's an issue with Apple...  I only say that because I've configured Mac Mail (v10.3) to use my exchange information and I haven't gotten any certificate messages *at all*.

    Also, if it was an Apple issue, don't you think that we would have seen an issue with the certificates when Apple released an update and not Microsoft? Outlook is now on 15.33 and I'm still experiencing the issue. It just doesn't make sense at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-13T21:12:53+00:00

    18 Macs on 10.12.4 and Mac Mail still has the same issue.  Setup mail.domain.com as the mail server and it complains that www.domain.com doesn't match mail.domain.com.

    This happens because it's looking up "domain.com" and in our case *.domain.com points to the server holding www.domain.com.

    Not everyone will have this configuration and it's a major F Up on Apples end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments