Mac 2016 Outlook v15.9 certificate problem

Anonymous
2015-04-15T17:27:29+00:00

I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-19T03:14:06+00:00

    Recent changes in OS X has caused Certificate issues. Under Trust - when using this certificate  popup, select Always Trust.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-17T14:03:01+00:00

    I think if you have your domain (www.mysite.com) hosted with one provider, and your email on O365 (and your DNS with another provider, perhaps), Outlook is trying to use your domain DNS record to validate your account (and not your MX record in DNS, which would point to O365). 

    Just a guess, but I get the same thing.  I can't use 15.9 at all as every exchange account (O365 or otherwise) causes Outlook to crash.  Yes I've tried the terminal commands - no dice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-17T04:38:45+00:00

    Same issue here after installing 15.9.

    Host name mismatch.

    If I click continue, Outlook works for a while, but then it hangs and sometimes I have to force quit it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-16T18:08:38+00:00

    I'm having the same issue.  Hostmoster is hosting our domain milesarch.com.  Exchange is O365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-16T03:53:08+00:00

    Pawan,

    I only get this certificate issue with this newest version 15.9 of Outlook for Mac.  All my other Apps accessing the internet and redpoint.net including my browser are fine.  Looks like another user below is also seeing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments