Mac 2016 Outlook v15.9 certificate problem

Anonymous
2015-04-15T17:27:29+00:00

I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-06T04:58:40+00:00

    This issue is still not fixed.  To anyone at Microsoft, if you are looking at this thread, please reply to the thread with an update at least so we all know that you got the bug report.  Thx!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-28T19:17:02+00:00

    I'm having the same problem.  We're using self-hosted Exchange, not Office 365.  The certificate that appears is the SSL certificate for the company that hosts the web site for my root domain.  It is not a certificate for my Exchange servers.

    When I do a Wireshark packet capture, I can see that Outlook is attempting to contact the root domain (example.com).  This happens on every launch, even though I've manually configured the account to connect to my exchange servers (outlook.example.com).  When I click CANCEL on the SSL trust screen, it establishes TLS to the correct server.

    Note that we have our autodiscover.example.com domain setup correctly and Windows clients are working properly.  The Wireshark capture does not show an attempt to lookup autodiscover, it only shows a query to the root domain.

    In reply to the community moderator advising people to "Always Trust", this is horrible advice.  In my case, I would assume that once the SSL connection is successfully established, Outlook would potentially transmit my credentials.  In my case, since I don't trust the people who host my company's public web server with my credentials, this would be very bad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-22T16:29:28+00:00

    Thx Jim for the helpful tip!  I just did this and added the URL for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2015-04-22T15:58:57+00:00

    Hi John,

    This is a peer-to-peer forum, so it's just us customers in here.

    To let Microsoft know, use the Smile button in the upper right corner of the Outlook window. Those submissions go directly to the product team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-20T21:36:59+00:00

    I'm seeing the same thing.  Does no one from the Mac Preview team monitor these forums?  Five days and no response or acknowledgement of the issue?

    Agree! Plus there have been 12 other replies from folks seeing the same problem with this new release. Only peep so far is a Microsoft moderator telling me in another Outlook forum I had posted in the wrong place and to come over here.

    Microsoft, can we at least get a ping that you got this? Thx!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments