Mac 2016 Outlook v15.9 certificate problem

Anonymous
2015-04-15T17:27:29+00:00

I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-18T00:22:46+00:00

    I am now up and running again with 15.10. I am no longer getting a cert error, and outlook hasn't crashed in over 4 hours with constant use.  

    This appears to be a stable build so far!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-17T23:38:27+00:00

    Same here - also still experiencing this error message in the latest 15.10 version.  I wonder if it will be fixed by GA?  Perhaps there's a configuration change which needs to made on our end - I'm wondering if there's something unique about our configuration which is only causing this error message in a minority of installations?  I can't imagine Microsoft being so quiet on the issue otherwise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-15T23:07:44+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    I'm still getting this error with the latest v15.10.0 (150508) release that came out in this week:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3048682

    Here is the error (same as in v15.9):

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-12T13:58:38+00:00

    I'd noticed with the same Exchange account and upgrade on my laptop I didn't experience this issue so I've deleted and recreated my profile to see what differences there were.

    Looks like under

    ~/Library/Group\ Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook\ 15\ Profiles/Main\ Profile/Data

    there are old Mail Account and Exchange Account profiles that reference an obsolete shared mailbox. That mailbox had a from address on the sub-domain (xxx.mydomain.com) I'm getting the certificate warning for (it was testing at time of migration to office 365) but connection details and login were always via the main domain (mydomain.com)

    Looks like the upgraded profile is doing something odd with these disabled profiles that from a user perspective are long deleted.

    Hope that helps some in MS identify the cause - I don't want lots of confused users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T14:07:23+00:00

    We are having the same problem with the preview version of Outlook since mail, website, and DNS are hosted by three different companies. 

    What solved it for me is to click the the check box ABOVE the certificate tree labeled "Always trust ...".  Changing the value in the drop down boxes in the Trust section by themselves did not help.

    Hope this helps,

       - Oliver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments