Mac 2016 Outlook v15.9 certificate problem

Anonymous
2015-04-15T17:27:29+00:00

I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-19T13:55:30+00:00

    Same issue for us. Latest OSX 10.10.3 and latest Outlook 2016 15.10 have not resolved it.

    Still certificate warning about the root domain name mismatch.

    Hope MS comes with a fix soon..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-19T11:40:19+00:00

    It seems 15.10 doesn't fix it. I looked at my certificates and they're are SHA1 and not SHA2. Is this the issue? Has Microsoft dropped support for SHA1 certificates? If so, maybe they could just say so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-18T14:24:26+00:00

    I may have spoke too soon.  This build runs the CPU at > 100% on a 2014 MBP Retina, but runs fine on a late 2013 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz Mac Pro (6-core) with 32 GB of RAM. 

    On the MBP if I run OneDrive for Business preview at the same time, the fan kicks into overdrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-18T00:33:22+00:00

    Same here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-05-18T00:30:24+00:00

    I still get it on my 15.10 install unfortunately.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments