Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Thx Jim for the helpful tip! I just did this and added the URL for this thread.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I just installed Outlook v15.9 as well as updates for the entire new Mac 2016 suite released yesterday. I'm getting an Outlook certificate error as can be seen in the attached screen shot. I can click Continue and run Outlook without any problems and it works fine. Also, I wasn't getting this error in the immediate prior release. All of my company's email is hosted on Office 365. How can I fix this or should I worry about it? Thx! John
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thx Jim for the helpful tip! I just did this and added the URL for this thread.
Hi John,
This is a peer-to-peer forum, so it's just us customers in here.
To let Microsoft know, use the Smile button in the upper right corner of the Outlook window. Those submissions go directly to the product team.
I'm seeing the same thing. Does no one from the Mac Preview team monitor these forums? Five days and no response or acknowledgement of the issue?
Agree! Plus there have been 12 other replies from folks seeing the same problem with this new release. Only peep so far is a Microsoft moderator telling me in another Outlook forum I had posted in the wrong place and to come over here.
Microsoft, can we at least get a ping that you got this? Thx!
I'm seeing the same thing. Does no one from the Mac Preview team monitor these forums? Five days and no response or acknowledgement of the issue?
I agree that this isn't an OS X 10.10.3 issue or an hosted Exchange issue.
I am getting the same type of popups with our on premises Exchange 2010 server and with an Exchange 2013 server.
This is a bug in the Outlook 2016 15.9 update in the way Outlook is trying to get the certificate information.
It appears that when Outlook 2016 is validating the certificate, it uses the root domain instead of the actual server name used for connectivity.
For example, if your ActiveSync or Outlook Anywhere server is webmail.mydomain.com, 15.9 will try to use mydomain.com. Prior to 15.9, it would use webmail.mydomain.com.
Besides, the constant crashing, I'm going to uninstall Outlook 2016, 15.9 and reinstall a prior version.
Just my two cents,
Paul K